Australian chiropractors have observed that increases in posture problems have been greatest over the past five years, coinciding with the increased use of electronic devices.
- Nearly 50% of Australians are using their laptop more than they were five years ago.
- 87% of Australian adults believe children are participating in less physical activity than when they were children – and that it is due to the use of electronic devices.
- Nearly 50% of PC users will spend over 3 hours at their computer at the one time.
- The majority of technology users assume poor posture while using electronic devices, with 80% acknowledging the need to improve their posture while using computers.
- Our use of mobile technology is affecting our posture and our health!
- Children are four and a half times more likely to have a daily TV habit than a daily physical activity habit.
- The majority of Australian chiropractors have observed posture problems among their patients (forward head posture, uneven hips, round shoulders).
Make sure you are having regular breaks and getting regular physical exercise.